It seems like our lives keep getting busier and busier, and if you’re cleaning your own home, you’ll want to make sure you’re spending your time cleaning efficiently. And if you’d like to outsource cleaning, we’re only a phone call away!
Top to Bottom
Whether cleaning your business or home, the general rule for cleaning any room of your business is to work from top to bottom. That way you’re not repeatedly cleaning areas that you’ve already cleaned. Dust from top to bottom so the dust from tall bookshelves and cabinets falls to the ground, and you can clean the floors last. Dust electronics, furniture, shelves, knick-knacks, plants, wall hangings, blinds, and window treatments. Similarly, you can start with the top floor of your home and work your way down.
Now let’s discuss the specifics for each room.
Bathrooms need to be cleaned weekly–they’re a high-traffic area with plenty of germs. First, scrub the toilet bowl using a disinfecting cleaner and toilet brush. Wipe the seat, lid, outside of the bowl, tank and base of the toilet with disinfectant. Next, wipe the sink and counter with disinfecting cleaner. Wipe down the mirrors with a glass cleaner. Finally, sweep and mop the floors.
Your kitchen gets plenty of traffic, so germs can accumulate there as well. Carefully cleaning the kitchen helps to ensure that your family stays safe and healthy.
- Keep your refrigerator clean and organized. Periodically throw out old food and wipe down the shelves and bins. Use a disinfectant to make your refrigerator sparkling clean.
- Use a disinfectant to clean countertops, sink, tables, chairs, and stove.
- Do the same with the microwave. Use a disinfectant to clean the inside of the microwave. Typically, microwaves get lots of use, so this task should be done consistently. The longer microwave messes sit, the harder they become to clean.
- Remember to periodically replace dish sponges and put in fresh hand towels.
Everyone has a different system, and that’s ok. Find your cleaning system and stick with it! Here are some additional helpful hints:
- Empty all the waste baskets at least once a week. Your kitchen trash likely needs emptied more often to prevent odor in your kitchen.
- Treat any carpet stains immediately so they don’t sit and become permanent.
- It’s often best to tidy and put items away before you start cleaning.
Need a Commercial Cleaner?
If you’re looking to outsource your home or vacation rental’s cleaning, give us a call for a free estimate. We’d love to help clean your home!